As we have continued to monitor winter storm Orlena, it has become clear that we are now expected to get more snow than initially anticipated. Given this, we have decided to cancel all testing and arrivals for tomorrow, Monday, February 1st in order to keep everyone safe. We hope to re-open for testing on Tuesday, February 2nd, once we have cleared snow from our campus roadways and parking lots. Right now, we plan to open testing beginning at 9 am on Tuesday; we will confirm our Tuesday testing hours no later than 7 am that morning.
If you are a student who was scheduled to arrive tomorrow, please email Dean Inoa (email@example.com) to reschedule your arrival date to Tuesday or any other date through February 10th. If you are a student who was scheduled to arrive on February 2nd or 3rd and are having travel difficulties, please email Dean Inoa to reschedule your arrival date. Any student scheduled to arrive between 2/1–2/3 who cannot make it because of travel delays will be given a one-day grace period on the validity of their required three-day pre-arrival test. For example, if you were scheduled to arrive on February 2nd, we will accept your pre-arrival test until February 3rd. We ask that you continue to self-quarantine to minimize possible exposure.
We understand that some of you might already be in the area. If you have already traveled with your family, and your family needs to return home tomorrow, we are happy to accommodate you at the Hampton Inn for the extra night at the College’s expense. If you are in need of a room for the night of Monday, February 1st, please email Rich Horowitz (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a room reservation.
Please stay safe, and I look forward to seeing you all in the coming days!
Dean of the College
Associate Professor of Sociology and Latin American and Latina/o Studies